How to become a BookNook Online Tutor:
The mindset we’re looking for:
You love teaching all kinds of learners.
BookNook tutors are excited to teach reading and passionate about working with students from diverse educational, racial, economic, geographic, and cultural backgrounds. You tailor your teaching to kids with different learning styles and needs, from low confidence to high energy—and everything in between.
You take challenges in stride.
From engaging wiggly kids and inspiring reluctant readers to navigating tech platforms and troubleshooting glitches, BookNook tutors approach every challenge with creativity, resourcefulness, flexibility, and resilience.
A few boxes to check before applying…
- You’ve taught academic subjects to K–12 students and meet any one of these criteria:
- 1+ years teaching or tutoring and a bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- 1+ years teaching or tutoring and current enrollment in a teaching credential program
- 3+ years teaching or tutoring
- You’re a current U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a current social security number or individual tax identification number issued by the U.S
- You’re at least 18 years old